Giới thiệu bài học
Bài giảng Grammar and Writing sẽ giúp các em nắm được những kiến thức cơ bản về:
- Grammar: modal verbs: should, ought to, must, have to
- Writing: Writing a letter about family rules to a teenager staying with a homestay family
Nội dung bài học
- Tóm tắt lý thuyết trong bài giảng
- Modal verbs:
- We use modal verbs to show if we believe something is certain, probable or possible (or not).
- We also use modals to do things like talking about ability, asking permission, making requests and offers, and so on.
- The modal verbs are: can, could, may, might, shall, should, will, would, must, have to,…
- Should & Ought to:
- We use should and shouldn’t to give our opinions about something or advice to someone
- Ought to and ought not to mean the same as should and shouldn’t
- Must & Have to
- Must and Have to are used to express obligation or the need to do something.
- Must/Have to has a stronger meaning than should and ought to
- Must expresses obligation imposed by the speaker while Have to expresses eternal obligation
- Definition of family rules
- Suggest a writing sample.
- Ví dụ trong bài giảng
Ví dụ 1. Exercise 1, page 9 course book (Grammar)
Underline the correct words to complete the sentences.
- I think you should / shouldn’t talk to your parents about it. I’m sure they will give you the best advice.
- I don’t think you ought / ought not to do your brother’s homework. He must do it himself.
- You must / mustn’t finish your homework before you go out with your friends.
- At our school, we have to / don’t have to wear uniforms. It is a rule.
- You mustn’t / don’t have to take photographs here. This is a restricted area.
Ví dụ 2. Exercise 2, page 9, course book (Grammar)
Rewrite each sentence without changing its meaning, using the word in brackets.
- It would be a good idea for you to talk to your parents about your problem. (ought)
- You are not allowed to use your mobile phone in the examination room. (must)
- It is not necessary for me to type my essay. (have to)
- I’d advise you to tell the truth to your family. (should)
- It is necessary for young people to plan their future career carefully. (must)
Ví dụ 3. Exercise 1, page 16, course book (Grammar)
Complete the following sentence with should or ought to in either positive or negative form.
- I’m having so much fun at the party, but I _______________ go home now to revise the grammar points for my English test tomorrow.
- Your English is very good. You _______________ worry so much. You
_______________ relax now.
- I have prepared carefully for the test. I know I _______________ panic, but I can’t help it.
- You _______________ create problems for yourself now. Instead, you
_______________ take a break.
Ví dụ 4. Exercise 2, page 16, course book (Grammar)
Complete the following sentences with must/mustn’t or have to/has to or don’t have to/doesn’t have to
- I _______________ wash after dinner, and my brother _______________ clean the house. That’s the rule in my family.
- You _______________ argue with your father all the time. Try to listen to his advice.
- You _______________ wear a nice dress tonight. You can’t go to the concert in these old jeans.
- I like Sundays because I _______________ get up early.
Ví dụ 4. Exercise 1,2,3, page 14, course book (Writing)
Đưa ra ví dụ bài viết mẫu, định hướng viết bài cho học sinh